Benefits of basil oilConsidered as an energizing, restorative and stimulating oil, the benefits that basil oil brings to relaxed, colored and natural hair are mostly around hair growth through stimulation of the scalp. When used topically basil oil has been found to help stimulate the hair follicles which can help with increasing hair growth and lessening hair loss. Basil oil can also help improve blood circulation which is another factor for hair growth.
Some additional benefits of using basil oil include
- Treating dandruff and dry scalp
- Relieving headaches which is great after spending an hour or so of detangling
Ways to use basil oilAfter reading multiple articles and opinions of basil oil, it seems the best way to use it on your hair is in an oil mix that you massage on your scalp. Let the mix sit on your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing it out and moving on to shampooing.
Things to keep in mind
- Test the basil oil on a small patch of skin before applying it to your scalp
- Basil oil is considered to be a warm oil with a strong aroma so it could be irritating for those with sensitive skin. One way to help with this is to dilute the basil oil with another oil like coconut oil or avocado oil
- When buying look for basil oil that is 100% pure, natural and organic
Have you ever tried basil oil on your hair?
Resources: http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/amazing-benefits-of-tulsibasil-for-skin-hair-and-health/, http://www.100pureessentialoils.com/basil-oil.html