PriceI paid $3.54 for a 6 oz tube. It can sometimes be found for a little less online such as in my Amazon Affiliates Store
Description"America's #1 Scrub brand (Based on 52 week unit sales ending 04/11/2015), this scrub with 2% salicylic acid gently cleans pores and helps stop breakouts before they occur."
- "100% Natural Exfoliants
- Paraben Free
- Oil Free
- 2% salicylic acid
- Dermatologist Tested
- Active Ingredients: "Salicylic acid (2%)"
- Inactive Ingredients: "Water, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol,Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine,Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cetyl Acetate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 60, Ceteareth-20, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Phenethyl Alcohol,Glycerin, Methylisothiazolinone,Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide"
How to use"Moisten face with water. Dispense product onto fingertips and massage over face. Rinse with water. Avoid direct contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes, flush thoroughly with water. For best results use 3 to 4 times per week."
My takeI have been using St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub for over a decade now. I started using it in high school when I had some acne issues and have continued to use it even though I haven't had acne issues in years. I really love it because my skin always feel smooth after using and not dried out. I don't use it every day, just every other day which is probably why I don't get that dried out feeling.
- The scrub is a true scrub with a grainy texture, but isn't rough on my skin or blemishes which is nice for my African-American skin cause I tend to scar easily
- It has a nice consistency as it's not runny that it gets wasted but not too thick that it's too hard to use
- Even though I don't like the taste of apricots I like the smell, it's not overpowering
- Apricot is far down the ingredient list so I'm skeptical of how much is actually in the scrub
- The tube like packaging isn't that great for getting all of the product out. Once most of the product has been used I cut the tube in half to get out the rest
- If you have a lot of acne or pimples the scrub can be too rough to use daily
Final verdictSt. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub is a keeper and I plan to keep it in my beauty regimen for years to come.
If you'd like to purchase the St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub for yourself, you can purchase it in my Amazon Affiliates Store.
What's your favorite facial scrub?