Related post: My 30 Day Hot Oil Treatment Results
This week I got the detangling process started the evening before and did an overnight deep condition. I also continued my participation in the 30 Day Hot Oil Treatment Challenge. Here's the summary of my wash day.
- Pre-pooed and detangled with Eden BodyWorks Jojoba Monoi Deep Conditioner. I left the conditioner on overnight. The next day I applied my hot oil treatment on top. For the treatment I used grapeseed oil, almond oil and three drops of tee tree oil which made my hair feel great after rinsing and set the stage for great wash day results.
- I cleansed with SheaMoisture Manuka Honey and Mufura Oil Intense Hydration Shampoo as I wanted to give it another try and cleanse with a moisture-based product. I mixed the shampoo with water in an application bottle. My hair felt better this time after using the shampoo.
- Next was my green tea, apple cider vinegar rinse that I followed up with Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor.
- To finish up I t-shirt dried for an few hours, applied Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Leave In Conditioner and then tension dried with my blow dryer for a few minutes till my hair was mostly dry. I sealed with almond oil and put my hair up in a bun for the rest of the day. So far I'm really liking the almond oil for a sealant. It made my hair feel really soft and added a nice shine.
- That night I braided my hair in one braid down the back and used a satin pillow roller on the end. The result was some soft waves.
After a couple of days the waves smoothed out. To keep it simple and to protect my ends I have been wearing my hair up for most of the week either in in buns, clips and a ponytail or two.
How are you wearing your hair this week?