- Detangling: 20 minutes
- Pre-pooing: 60 minutes
- Cleansing: 30 minutes
- Tea rinse and condition: 10 minutes
- Air dry: 1+ hours
- Moisturize, seal and finish drying w/hooded dryer: 60 minutes
Yep, you read right. My wash days would be 3+ hours long. Basically taking me all afternoon. And that's not taking into consideration doing any other types of treatments such as protein treatments. I did the long wash days for a little more than a year and then got to the point where I didn't feel like spending so much time on my hair. My wash days now only includes four steps and takes me less than two hours:
- Detangling and deep condition pre-poo: 30 minutes
- Cleansing: 15 minutes
- Tea and apple cider vinegar rinse and condition: 10 minutes
- Moisturize, seal and dry w/a blow dryer: 40 minutes
The funny thing is I think my hair is in the best shape it's been since I shortened my wash days. While I think doing all those steps and taking extra special care of my hair during wash days was needed in the beginning of my hair journey I don't think it's necessary with the progress I've made. So shorter wash days are here to stay for the time being.
How long do your wash days take?