(This post includes affiliate links. Read about my use of affiliate links.)
I share my monthly traffic reports partly to hold myself accountable and help me keep a closer eye on my monthly stats. I’m also doing this in the hopes of helping and encouraging other bloggers who are looking to grow their online presence.
Related post: January 2016 Traffic Report
March 2016 Blog Stats
- Sessions: 3,898 (-52.69%)
- Users: 3,236 (-54.33%)
- Pageviews: 5,141 (-50.71%)
- Pages/Sessions: 1.32 (+4.17%)
- % of New Sessions: 71.07 (-7.92%)
- Bounce Rate: 85.43% (-6.70%)
March 2016 Top 4 Posts
- Wash Day with L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil Shampoo System
- Getting Started a Healthy Relaxed Hair Journey
- 4 Ways to Use Coconut Oil on Relaxed Hair
- How I Manage My New Growth During Relaxer Stretches
March 2016 Top 4 Traffic Drivers
March 2016 Social Media Stats
- Bloglovin: 66 (+12)
- Google+: 57 (+1)
- Instagram: 172 (+3)
- Pinterest: 202 (+80)
- Twitter: 212 (+10)
How I Did in MarchAfter looking through my stats from February I planned the following for March:
- Sticking with StumbleUpon
- Being more active on Pinterest and Twitter
- Researching how to reduce my bounce rate
Related post: February 2016 Traffic Report
Blog StatsI saw drastic decreases in basically all my stats which is surprising to me. I have seen in several other bloggers traffic and income reports that they saw decreases in traffic during March thought their decreases weren't as much as mine. As you read on, I'll be sharing some of thoughts on the cause for the decreases.
There is some good news though. I saw a decrease with my bounce rate. As mentioned in my February traffic report I wanted to do some researching on how I could reduce my bounce rate. The key pieces of advice I found and focused on where my working on my SEO and moving my images from the top of my blog post.
Also, though not noted here, I also saw a decent increase in the amount time visitors are spending on the site and the amount of content they are consuming. This was encouraging amidst the blog stat decreases.
Traffic DriversSince the ranking of the traffic drivers stayed the same month over month I did some additional digging to see what was the cause for my overall decrease of visitors. The decrease was driven by StumbleUpon and my direct traffic. They both saw 50%+ decreases month over month. While one of my takeaways from February was to tick with StumbleUpon I have to admit that I didn't do as much Stumbling as I would have liked or even planned to.
On the other hand, Pinterest saw a month over month increase of 71% and Google/Organic a 22% increase. I've been going through all of my posts working on SEO. This probably caused the increase in Google/Organic. Without these increases, my traffic would have been worse.
Social MediaI upped my social media game a bit in March since my second February traffic report takeaway was to be more active on Pinterest and Twitter.
BloglovinI'm surprised with the dramatic increase in my Bloglovin followers (not complaining though). I'd like to grow this following even more, but have yet to figure out how to do it.
What I Plan to do Next
- Do the Tailwind free trial for Pinterest and see if I see similar or better results as with Board Booster
- Figure out how to be more active on Instagram
- Spend more time Stumbling and hopefully get my traffic numbers back up
- Continue boosting my SEO