I share my monthly traffic reports partly to hold myself accountable and help me keep a closer eye on my monthly stats. I’m also doing this in the hopes of helping and encouraging other bloggers who are looking to grow their online presence.
Related post: January 2016 Traffic Report
May 2016 Blog Stats
- Sessions = 2,773 (+10.70%)
- Users = 2,216 (4.58%)
- Pageviews = 4,419 (+31.24%)
- Pages/Sessions =1.59 (+18.56%)
- % of New Sessions = 72.99% (-1.96%)
- Bounce Rate = 78.87% (-5.70%)
May 2016 Top Blog Posts
- Hair Tip: Pre-poo Before Cleansing Relaxed Hair
- Why I Do Apple Cider Vinegar Rinses
- Product Review: Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
- 8 Great Shampoos for Summer Hair Care
- Getting Started with a Healthy Relaxed Hair Journey
May 2016 Top Traffic Drivers
- Pinterest (saw a 169.73% increase month over month)
May 2016 Social Media Stats
- Bloglovin = 76 followers (+3)
- Google+ = 58 followers (0)
- Instagram = 195 (+12)
- Pinterest = 479 (+187)
- Twitter = 266 (+19)
How I did with my May plans
- Focus more on content promotion through social media
- Continue with BoardBooster -Yes
- Continue increasing my activity on Instagram - Kind of
- Tweet more consistently - Kind of
- Increase my number of blog posts per week - Yes
I really don't need to say anymore. I could just stop right there. Since I blew through my 100 free pins I paid for the lower priced monthly plan to continue with BoardBooster. The plan gives me 500 pins a month. That was one of the best purchase I've made for blog (truthfully it's only the second purchase I've made for my blog).
I'll be doing a more detailed post on my experience with BoardBooster, but as you can see from April to May I saw a 61% increase in followers and Pinterest went from my number four to my number one traffic driver. I'm hoping to build on this momentum over the coming months.
Follow me on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/arelaxedgal/
Increased number of weekly blog postings
I started my new blogging schedule in May which took me from one blog post a week to two a week. The benefit of this is I can vary the topics I'm blogging about. As well as have more content to promote throughout the week.
The starting a blog series
While this wasn't listed as part of my May plan, I had to note it. I did a five part series on how to start a blog that ran through the month of May. Sharing those posts on social media helped with gaining new followers - particularly on Bloglovin and Twitter. These posts also got more Bloglovin saves than any of my other posts and was retweeted more than I expected.
Related post: What I've Learned About Blogging Since Starting My Blog
What sort of workedInstagram
This is a social site I really struggle with. Basically because it's all about pictures. So I have to find something I feel is worth taking a picture of and posting. Over the last month I did get better at this. While I didn't post on a consistent basis, it was more regular. So I gained more likes and followers as a result. Nothing dramatic, but I'm pleased because I've almost reached 200 followers after being somewhat stagnate for quite a while.
Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/arelaxedgal/
My Plans for JuneI'm moving in June so I'll be keeping my blogging plans as simple as possible. So in June I plan to
- Continue with BoardBooster
- Create a strategy for Instagram
- Work to be more consistent on Twitter