Oh yeah....I'm one of those. When I'm looking for a new product such as eyeliner it can be hard to select one. Do I want self sharpening or a pencil? Do I want waterproof or not? A bolder or more subtler line? The list can go on and on. It gets even longer when you start combining and mixing and matching the features of each liner. That's probably one of the reasons I didn't wear eyeliner for several years. Finding an eyeliner can be overwhelming.
To make my first eyeliner choice I decided to stick with a brand I knew and would not be a budget breaker in case I didn't like it. I made a beeline for the CoverGirl eyeliners. I first tried a basic pencil and soon ditched it because I couldn't get the point sharpened to where it was still usable. Next I tried a liquid liner and couldn't figure out how to apply it without making a mess. After these eyeliner fails I stopped trying and just wore eyeshadow and mascara.
Related post: What's in My Makeup Bag
After a few years had gone by I decided to give eyeliners one more chance. I tried some self sharpening eyeliners from Avon and liked them, but they would sometimes be hard to apply because the tip would dry up. This took me back to the CoverGirl section in the makeup aisle where I found their Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner.
I've tried a few other eyeliners since, but nothing has been as worked as well for me as the CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner. This eyeliner claims to be
- "Easy to apply and give you a perfect line every time"
- "Self-sharpening eyeliner glides on smoothly"
- "Has a perfect shade for any occasion and every mood"
What I like
- I can find the CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in drugstores and Walmart
- It doesn't cost a lot and I can usually find a coupon for a $0.50 to a $1.00 o
- The eyeliner easily glides on
- It's self-sharpening. I can't stand eyeliner pencils because I can never get the point back to a usable sharpness
- There's a smudger tip at the other end that comes in handy
- It doesn't dry out
- The eyeliner comes in seven shades. I like to rotate between the Expresso, Charcoal and Black Onyx shades
- It doesn't fade and lasts all day
- I can control how fine or thick the line is
What I don't like
- I can use up a pencil pretty quickly. It doesn't last very long even though I don't use a lot for each application
- The smudger sometimes falls off and won't stay on
What's your favorite eyeliner?