When it comes to my beauty routine I think I’m a pretty low maintenance gal. I don’t have a lot of skincare products or makeup. Partly because I don’t want to spend a lot of money when spending a lot of money isn’t needed. I also don’t spend a lot of time on my routine. I keep it quick, simple and cost-efficient.
That being said, there are five beauty products I have that are my favorite and I have to have whether I’m at home or traveling.
1. Facial scrubI use the St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub, or the store brand equivalent, every morning. It helps keep blemishes in check, but it also helps to remove dead skin cells that built up during the previous day that weren’t removed when I washed my face before bed. When I don’t do the scrub in the morning I’ve noticed a distinct difference in the tone of my face.
2. Face moisturizerI believe I have combination skin, but in the winter time it can feel really dry. This can result in my skin peeling and looking really ashy. If I didn’t have my face moisturizer I don’t know what I would do...never mind I do. I’d stay home and never go out.
I've been using Ambi Skin Care Even & Clear Moisturizer w/SPF 30 for years now, but due to the heat and humidity here in Florida I decided to try something that was a little lighter due on my skin. So I'm now testing the Garnier Moisture Rescue Actively Hydrating Daily Lotion w/SPF 15.
3. Body lotionJust like my face, my skin can start to feel really dry. Especially my hands after washing them. This probably explains why I have so many little bottles of lotion lying around. I have two in my desk at work, two in my car, one in my purse, lotion on my bathroom counter just to name a few places.
4. MascaraI typically don’t leave the house without makeup, but on the weekends I don’t always wear a full face and will just play up my eyes. I kept going back and forth between eyeliner and mascara being my favorite eye makeup, but mascara won out in the end. I love the way it enhances my lashes which in turn enhances my eyes. My favorite mascara at the moment is the CoverGirl Professional Super Thick Lash Waterproof Mascara.
Related post: What’s in My Makeup Bag
5. ChapstickAnother place that tends to feel dry sometimes during the day are my lips. I think this is probably because most days I don’t drink enough water. Chapstick helps my lips not chap and flake which is something that happens more often when the seasons change. I don't have a favorite brand that I use, I typically just use whatever free chapstick I get at an event or as a gift.
What are your must-have beauty products?