(This post includes affiliate links. For more info see my affiliate disclosure.)
1. Bath soakFor me life is just much better after a good bath soak. Especially when I do a lot of running around like I do around Christmas and New Years. For my bath soaks I like to fill my bathtub with hot water and use a salt soak. Then I sit and relax until the water gets cold. During the soak I’ll put on some music or stream a TV show or movie on my tablet.
Some of the best salt soaks are the Dr. Teal’s salt soak. The most recent one I used is the Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution with Eucalyptus and Spearmint. One three pound bag is about $18-19 before tax. The smell is wonderful and just creates a sense of relaxation.
Related video: The Influenster Flawless VoxBox
2. Sugar scrubI don’t buy my body scrubs anymore, I make them using a combination of white and brown sugar mixed with some natural oils. This type of scrub is great for the winter. It helps to remove dry, dead skin without drying out the new skin underneath. Another great thing is this doesn’t cost a lot, especially if you already have the ingredients in your pantry.
3. Deep conditionNot only is it relaxing it’s good for your hair. My favorite way to have a relaxing deep condition is applying the conditioner to my hair, putting on a plastic cap and wearing my hot head conditioning cap for at least 30 minutes. Afterwards my hair feels great and I do too.
The hot head caps are $29.95 and are reusable so if you use it often it’s very cost-efficient. And you don’t have to go out and buy a special deep conditioner, you can use one you have at home or make your own with ingredients from your pantry. One thing I love about this is cap, outside of it being reusable, is the many colors and patterns available. This makes it easy to find one that matches your personal style.
Related post: Product Review: Hot Head Deep Conditioning Cap
4. Face maskI admit I love a good face mask. It helps me to relax and chill and as an added bonus it helps my skin. There are two masks that I’m currently using
- Freeman Dead Sea Mineral Anti-stress Mask. A six ounce tube goes for about $4.30 before tax
- Oz Naturals Vitamin C + Sea Hydration Mask that you can get for about $15 before tax
For me the best way to get the most out of a pampering session is to set aside two to three hours and not have anywhere to immediately go afterwards so I don’t feel rushed. What’s even better is combining some things like doing the bath soak when I’m wearing the face mask. Or deep conditioning while doing the sugar scrub.
How do you pamper yourself at home?