I kept buying these expensive brands for many years before I realized how much money I was needlessly spending on makeup. So to save money I made it my mission to find makeup I could wear that was cheap in price, but not in quality. Through trial and error I found some cheap makeup that worked for both my skin and my wallet.
If you’d like to try out any of these products you can find all of them in your local drugstore or on walmart.com by using my affiliate links below.
1. CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder - $6When I used to wear liquid foundation I used the CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder to set my makeup. I would also use it by itself for a light foundation application. This is one of the few non-mineral powders that I would still let touch my face.
2. Milani Baked Powder Blush - $7It can be hard to find blush that works on darker skintones, so I was happy to stumble across the Milani Baked Powder Blush. This blush comes in about six shades. The shade I’ve used is Red Vino. It added a nice rosy glow to my cheeks, without looking overdone or fake.
3. E.L.F. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer - $2I have slightly oily skin including my eyelids. This means my eye shadow will start creasing after a few hours and even start to wear off. To help lessen this, I started wearing the E.L.F. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer under my eye shadow. The eyelid primer helps keep my shadows in place and helps to intensify some of the shades.
Related post: How to Keep Your Eye Shadow From Creasing
4. Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eyeshadow - $6The eye shadow in this palette goes on smoothly and does last pretty much all day. The Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eyeshadow palette that I’ve used is Adventurous due to the deep neutral colors it has.
5. Maybelline 24K Nudes Palette - $10I am a big believer in eye shadow palettes. I think they are a great buy if you can use the majority of the shades. This particular palette has 12 shades that have a heavy metal feel and are about a step above a straight up natural palette. My favorite shades in the Maybelline 24K Nudes Palette are the navy and purple.
Related post: 2 Great Eye Shadow Palettes for a Natural Look
6. Maybelline New York Great Lash Washable Mascara - $5This was the very first mascara I ever used. The Maybelline New York Great Lash Washable Mascara was also the mascara I remember my mother having in her makeup case when I was growing up. While this mascara isn’t anything extraordinary, it does what it needs to by enhancing your lashes without clumping.
7. CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Self-Sharpening Eye Pencil - $5I have so many pros for this eyeliner pencil starting with the fact that it’s self-sharpening. I can’t stand the traditional pencils because I can never get the point sharpened so it’s usable. I don’t have that problem with the CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Self-Sharpening Eye Pencil. Other pros include the multiple shades, how smoothly it glides on and how easily I can control the thickness of the line.
Related post: CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner Review
8. Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner - $4If you prefer the traditional pencil for your eyeliner the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner is one of the better ones. While I don’t care for the traditional pencil, I did like the intense pigmentation which was perfect for nighttime makeup looks. Another plus was that it’s really waterproof. Simple water wasn’t going to wash it off.
9. Real Techniques Powder Brush - $10I use a loose mineral powder foundation so having a good foundation brush is crucial for an even and flawless look. The Real Techniques Powder Brush is the brush that fits the bill. It has soft, firm bristles that allow me to apply a light or heavy layer of my foundation.
Related post: A Review of the Best Affordable Makeup Brushes
10. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish - $7I’m too frugal to go to the salon and get a manicure or pedicure so I do my nails at home. The polish I use is the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure. I really like the multiple of shades available and how vibrant and shiny the colors are. With other nail polishes I’ve used I typically have to touch up or redo my nails after about a week. Not with this polish; it doesn’t chip or peel right away.
What’s your favorite cheap makeup?