To prep for my relaxer touch up I did the following:
- Prepooed with a brazilian keratin conditioner for 30 minutes
- Clarified hair with SheaMoisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo (my review)
- Conditioned with Design Essentials Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner (my review)
- T-shirt dried for 30 minutes
- Put on my leave-ins Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Leave In Conditioner (my review) mixed with an argan oil serum
- Dried under my hooded dyer for 40 minutes
- My hair was still damp (the downside of thick hair) so I cross-wrapped it and went to bed
- Throughout the rest of the week I used Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner (my review) and the argan oil serum to moisturize and seal. I also used tea tree oil on any spots on my scalp that started to itch.
To get my touch up I went to the salon, this is the second time I've been there. There were a few things they did this time I wasn't too happy about - using a small tooth comb, blowing out my hair (the stylist didn't have her rollers with her) and flat ironing. This was the first time in a while a stylist hasn't told me my hair felt dry so I must have done a good job moisturizing my hair over the last eight weeks. Despite the few things they did that I didn't like I do plan to go back again, only because I like the stylists, they listen to my concerns, and the first time I went I didn't have any issues with any of the tools used.
In addition to the touch up I got a trim, but won't be able to do a length check until my next wash because my hair wasn't flat ironed straight.
My next relaxer touch up will be in 12 weeks.
How was your most recent relaxer touch up?