Since I'm deep into my relaxer stretch I've been focusing on protein and moisture. As a result I'm co-washing my hair more. This week was no exception.
- Pre-pooed using Suave Natural Infusions Moisturizing Conditioner. I used the slip from the conditioner to detangle. Then I wore my Hot Head heating cap for 30 minutes
- Co-washed using Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea CoWash
- Rinsed with my green tea and apple cider vinegar mix
- Conditioned with Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor for 2 minutes
- T-shirt dried for an hour
- Applied Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner and grapeseed oil then tension blow dried while I finished detangling
- After drying I applied Jamaican black castor oil along my hairline where I have a history of itching and flaking
Related post: Non-penetrating Natural Oils for Chemically-treated Hair
My blow-dried hair looked and felt great. My new growth was stretched and detangled. I then put it in a bun near the top of my head for bedtime. The next morning my hair looked and felt even better than the night before. It was moisturized, smooth and my new growth was still stretched.
This week I'll be sporting easy updos like the one pictured below. I've gone back to using clips for my updos because I don't have to spend as much time getting all the hair into the clip and it keeps all my hair in place without putting a lot of stress on my strands. Particularly at the roots and line of demarcation.
How long have you stretched your relaxer?