I've decided that I want to do the same- provide monthly reports on my blog traffic. I'm partly doing this to hold myself accountable and to help me more closely monitor my monthly stats. I'm also now sharing monthly reports in the hopes of helping and encouraging other bloggers who are looking to grow their online presence.
January 2016 Stats
- Sessions: 8,410
- Users: 6,351
- Pageviews: 10,356
- Pages/Session: 1.23
- % New Sessions: 73.22%
- Bounce Rate: 88.66%
January 2016 Top 4 Posts
- Infographic: What to Include in a Fall Hair Regimen
- Hair Health Update: August
- Hair Health Update: 2014 Year End Part 2
- How Long do Hair Products Last?
January 2016 Social Media Stats
- Bloglovin: 51
- Google+: 51
- Instagram: 163
- Pinterest: 78
- Twitter: 185
January 2016 Top 4 Traffic Drivers
- Google search/organic
Overall I'm pleased with how my stats are trending. I think much of this can be attributed to
- Renaming my blog to something more easy to remember
- Getting a domain that matches the new name of my blog
- Broadening my content areas so I'm blogging about more than relaxed hair
- Updating images and graphics so they have a more professional and consistent look
Despite the positive trending there are a few areas I'd like to improve:
- My pageviews have increased dramatically thanks to Stumbleupon. My bounce rate has also increased due to Stumbleupon. Due to the nature of Stumbleupon readers tend to not dig deeper into a blog when they stumble across it. I feel my bounce rate is way too high so I'll be researching ways to bring it down and may pull back from Stumbleupon some.
- I'd like to keep increasing my pageviews and am hoping social media, particularly Pinterest will help with that. That will require me to finish updating all my images and graphics as well as pinning more.
- While my social numbers are relatively small I have gained several more followers on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. Most of my social growth came from Twitter which I attribute to pre-scheduling tweets so I'm active on Twitter throughout the day promoting my content.
With all of this said I'm really excited about what's to come for A Relaxed Gal.
What trends have you been seeing on your blog?