After not using a blow dryer on my hair for several weeks I decided I wanted to use a blow dryer again and the one I had wouldn't cut it. It was old and didn't have the types of settings I wanted. So I visited a few stores to find one that had the features I wanted - a cool setting and a cold shot. That's how I found the Helen Of Troy Hot Shot Tools Turbo Ionic Dryer. Besides the $39.99 sales price what drew me to this blow dryer is that it's an ionic dryer with tourmaline.
Related post: My Search for a New Blow Dryer
While I like it, I've had some issues with it. The cold shot doesn't get or stay that cold most of the time. And the cool setting will sometimes warm up after being continuously used for a while. Based on my experience I'm not convinced this is a heavy use blow dryer, but it's a good option if you're looking for a dryer with a cool setting that you don't plan on using every week.
Price$59.99 at Sally Beauty Supply
What its supposed to doThe Helen of Troy Hot Shot Tools Turbo Ionic Dryer Ceramic tourmaline dryer has "CERAMIC and TOURMALINE, when heated, is a natural source of negative ions and far-infrared heat, providing moisture retention for soft, shiny, beautiful hair. Direct Ion Technology® dries hair faster while increasing softness, shine and reduces frizz."
- Lightweight - only 13.66 ounces
- 1875 Watts with night airflow for faster drying
- 2 Speed / 6 Heat combinations with separate switches for total control of heat and airflow
- Cool Shot for setting the style
- Nozze accepts most universal fit diffusers
- Removable End Cap for easy filter cleaning, longer motor life
- Concentrator and Pik attachments
- 8 ft. Professional Cord
- Hanging Ring / Cord Guard
- ALCI Safety Plug
- One-year Warranty
What blow dryer do you use on your hair?