After reading several blogs from other relaxed hair gals and looking back at what I was currently doing with my hair, here's where I am currently with my hair regimen:
- Part hair and braid into 4-6 braids
- Pre-poo with an oil or conditioner for 20-60 minutes
- Shampoo or co-wash
- Deep condition under my hooded dryer
- Apply express conditioner
- Apply my detangler and comb with my wide tooth seamless comb
- Apply leave-in conditioner then serum
- Air dry or under hooded dryer
To narrow down the products I use I tried to figure out what my hair needs the most. I noticed that my hair tends to break, feels dry and rough to the touch and doesn't hold moisture for long. This helped me determine that my hair needs moisture. So that the products I'm using right now focus on that.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Virgin coconut oil
- A Brazilian keratin conditioner
- Thermafuse Smooth Balance Shampoo
- An awapuhi ginger shampoo for protein
- Thermafuse HeatSmart Condition
- Thermafuse Smooth Balance Condition for moisture
- Design Essentials Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner
- Thermafuse HeatSmart Serum Dry Oil Treatment
- An argan oil serum
I'd like the number of hair products I'm using to be less, but since I'm kinda starting from scratch to determine the products my hair likes. Hopefully as time goes on I will be able to weed out the products that don't work for my hair and recognize the ones that do.
What hair products are you using in your current hair regimen?