Related post: Getting Started with a Healthy Relaxed Hair Journey
My overall goal was to get my hair back to a healthy state. The ways I planned to this by the end of the year was to:
- Stretch my relaxers for 10-12 weeks versus the 6-8 I'd been doing
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize: use by leave-in conditioner every other day, use moisture focused products during cleansing, pre-poo and deep condition during every cleansing
- Do protein treatments every other week
- Clarify once a month
- Listen to my hair and cleanse it when it's asking for it
- Use only products that have natural, hair healthy ingredients. No petroleum, parabens, or sulfates
Looking back at this list I have to say the first thing that sticks out to me is "doing protein treatments every other week." Knowing what I know now, I'm so glad I didn't do that. While my hair likes light protein too much wouldn't be a good thing. The other items I did do. Just not consistently.
So did these action items help me achieve my ultimate hair goal of healthier hair in 2014? See this video to find out.
P.S. You can now follow me on Facebook facebook.com/arelaxedgal/