One of my 2015 hair goals is to limit the number of new hair products I try. I've been doing a pretty good job with that, but couldn't resist trying some new hair products I received in my fourth VoxBox from Influenster. The products are from a brand I hadn't of before - Dessange.
Related post: Dessange VoxBox Unboxing
Dessange Paris has a few collections based on various hair needs and Influensters received either the Oleo Replenishing Collection or the California Blonde Collection. Can you guess which one I got? It was the Oleo Replenishing Collection. Influenster was smart to send a survey to all who qualified for the VoxBox to determine which collection was best suited for each recipient.
Related post: Can You Really Get Free Stuff with Influenster?
I've always been someone who gets something new and can't wait to use it. This VoxBox was no different and I used the Oleo Collection during my wash day.
- Pre-pooed by deep conditioning with Eden BodyWorks Jojoba DC and my Hot Head conditioning cap. I got a bit distracted and ended up pre-pooing for two hours which resulted in moisturized hair
- Cleansed with Oleo Miracle Replenishing Shampoo. I was weary of this shampoo as it has sulfates and I've been staying away from them. Also, I had just clarified last week. My first take on the shampoo is it's good for what it is. My hair felt cleansed, slightly dry, but I was expecting that. It has a slightly artificial orange smell which did make my hair smell fresh. It's got a gel-like texture and is kind of runny
- Conditioned with Oleo Miracle Replenishing Conditioner. I liked the smell of conditioner better than the shampoo. It worked alright, no complaints, but also not blown away.
- Blotted with a t-shirt for 30 minutes
- Moisturized with Nothing But Melted Shea Butter and sealed with Oleo Miracle Replenishing Oil. At first I thought the oil made my hair feel greasy. That was temporary feeling. It actually made my hair feel a bit dry. I may not try it again
- Dried to about 90% dry using my blow dryer on cool
Have you ever used any of the Dessange products?