Additionally since the first quarter is over I'll be reviewing my where I am with my 2016 Blog goals.
I share my monthly traffic reports partly to hold myself accountable and help me keep a closer eye on my monthly stats. I’m also doing this in the hopes of helping and encouraging other bloggers who are looking to grow their online presence.
Related post: January 2016 Traffic Report
(This post includes affiliate links. Read about my use of affiliate links.)
April 2016 Blog Stats
- Sessions: 2,505 (-35.74%)
- Users: 2,119 (-34.52%)
- Pageviews: 3,367 (-34.51%)
- Pages/Sessions: 1.34 (+1.91%)
- % of New Sessions: 74.45% (+4.84%)
- Bounce Rate: 83.63% (-2.11%)
Top April 2016 Blog Posts
- 5 Ways to get Your Hair Regimen Ready for Spring
- Hair Tip: Pre-Poo Before Cleansing Relaxed Hair
- Why I Prefer Wearing Mineral Foundation
- Why I do Apple Cider Vinegar Rinses
April 2016 Top Traffic Drivers
April 2016 Social Media Stats
- Bloglovin: 73 (+7)
- Google+: 58 (+1)
- Instagram: 183 (+11)
- Pinterest: 292 (+90)
- Twitter: 247 (+35)
How I'm Doing with My 2016 Blog Goals
- Create and maintain a consistent look and feel for my content - Somewhat
- Publishing content on a consistent basis - Somewhat
- Promoting my content more - Yes
How I Did with My April Plans
- Do the Tailwind free trial for Pinterest and compare the results to BoardBooster - Yes
- Figure out how to be more active on Instagram - Somewhat
- Spend more time Stumbling - No
- Continue boosting my SEO - Yes
Related post: March 2016 Traffic Report
I saw an 8% increase in traffic from Pinterest. While this increase isn't as dramatic as what I saw in March it can be attributed to a few things - 1) Tailwind, 2) BoardBooster, 3) SEO.
I took advantage of the Tailwind free trial during April (use my affiliate link to sign up for your own free trial). The results were decent and included an increase in my Pinterest following which also translated into traffic to my blog. I haven't compared my Tailwind results to the results I saw from BoardBooster, but I feel the tools BoardBooster provides are better suited for my Pinterest strategy.
After finishing the Tailwind free trial I decided to take the plunge and pay for a month of BoardBooster. This has been a great decision so far. Since I started using BoardBooster again my Pinterest followers continued to increase on a daily basis.
Additionally I decided to make changes to my Pinterest boards to improve it's SEO. I renamed a few boards, removed boards that weren't getting repins, added new boards with topics similar to my better performing boards and changed the main graphic for each board.
Promoting my content more
I've been doing more content promotion on Pinterest and Twitter by automating my pins and tweets. I've also joined some Facebook groups and link ups that give me other avenues for sharing my content.
What Sort of WorkedCreate and maintain consistent look and feel
I seem to have settled on a consistent look for my blog graphics which I'm very happy about. My photography could use some more work though, especially my Instagram photos.
Publishing on a consistent basis
I created a blog posting schedule of once a week on Saturdays which has been great. The once a week posting schedule has allowed me to have more time to create more quality content.
YouTube on the other hand has been a complete fail. I haven't posted a new video in a while and may be putting new videos on hold until I've moved to my new place.
My plans for May
- Focus more on content promotion through social media
- Continue with BoardBooster
- Continue increasing my activity on Instagram
- Tweet more consistently
- Increase my number of blog posts per week
- This is a huge change for me. I've currently been posting once a week on Saturdays. What I've found is posting once a week works if I'm not doing a series and would be great if my blog focused on only one topic. If I'm doing a series I'm only posting about one topic for several weeks and not allowing the opportunity for varied content. So I created a new posting schedule
- Wednesdays will be for Hair and Beauty posts
- Saturdays for Lifestyle and Blogger posts
- Tuesdays or Fridays will be used for more time sensitive posts (like this one)
How was your blog traffic in April?